Quick Start Guides
Semi Custom - Getting Started
Follow the steps outlined below to begin your Semi Custom order, still have questions? Email our semi custom department at email@example.com.
- Create your design using the online Design Studio here.
- Choose a garment to design on.
- Create your design by uploading images from your computer, uploading Voler stock logos from the Design Studio, and/or adding simple text using the text writing tool on the template.
- Save your design, select 'Next Step', enter a name for your design and save.
- Click 'Order Now' to go to the preview and ordering page.
- Select the garment that you would like to order by clicking on the product image. A pop-up window will appear.
- Select the size and color and add to your shopping cart.
- When you are ready to checkout click 'View Your Bag (Cart)' or click the cart in the upper right hand corner.
- Now you may proceed through the checkout process.
Understanding Design Limitations
- Images can only be sublimated on the front and the back of jerseys. We can not sublimate artwork, graphics, or logos onto sleeves, pockets, collars or side panels.
- All artwork, logos and designs must be provided by you or your graphic designer.
- All artwork, logos and designs must also be uploaded to the Semi Custom Design Studio template by you or your graphic designer.
- Voler.com will not create or alter submitted designs in any way and is not responsible for poor quality artwork submitted. Please refer to the artwork requirements below.
- We only allow you to scale your images to 100%. If any images are scaled above 100%, the quality of the printed graphics will be compromised.
- You or your graphic designer are responsible for obtaining permission and approval from the owner of the original art (e.g. corporate logos, original artwork, copyrighted artwork) prior to submitting to Voler.com.
- Selected garment design may limit the artwork image area.
- We use a CMYK printing process to allow you to have as many colors as you like in your design. Please note: The CMYK printing process prevents us from guaranteeing an exact match of Pantone Spot Colors.
- Images are transferred to garments using a process called 'sublimation'. This gas-dye process does not texture the garment's surface and allows the fabric to maintain its breathability.
- All garments will have a “press mark” around the image. This indentation in the fabric will disappear after a few washings.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Voler will not accept returns of semi-custom items.
- Voler reserves the right to refuse any order based on objectionable artwork.
Preparing Artwork for the Best Results
- For best results, artwork should be created in a vector format using a program like Illustrator or Photoshop and then saved to one of our supported formats (png, or jpg).
- Please use high resolution graphics (150dpi at the correct printing size). For example, if you want the image to be printed at 5in' x 5in, please make it 5in x 5in at 150 dpi. In the case of JPG's, please make sure that as little compression as possible is used. The full size design area for our jersey is 1460px by 2327px.
- Files must be an exact representation of what will be printed on the garment. This means all elements are of correct size, placement, proportion & color.
- We encourage our customers not to place logos with fine details or small text on the front of their garment across the zipper split.
- These sorts of fine artistic detail can be lost and misaligned when each garment is sewn together by hand.
- If you must place an element across the zipper split ensure the details crossing the split are not smaller than a quarter of an inch in size and for best results we recommend them being at least a half inch or larger.
Hints for Non-Designers
If the terms above make your head spin, you will need to work with a graphic designer who can create “digital print-ready” art for production. Print shops or college students majoring in design are good choices as well.
If you work for a corporation, go to your marketing department and ask for help. They often work with printers or ad agencies and will be able to point you in the right direction.
Do not use low resolution web graphics. These low-resolution files are not suitable for printing. Talk with a designer about creating “print quality” digital files.
Hints for Designers
If you have access to a design program such as photoshop and are comfortable using it. We recommend more complex designs be done as a single piece of artwork in your prefered design program of choice. When you have your art just right save it at 150dpi at the dimensions of the design area of the garment you are designing for and then uploaded to the design studio.
If you are designing a jersey for someone else please design within their account. Designing in your own account and then changing the email address on the account will break the association between the design you've created and that account.
If you must design within your own account and someone else is going to order the design from a different account please order a hard proof and then share your design. This process will allow the individual you shared your design with to order the design from their own account.
Graphics / Logo sizes
If you are concerned about the physical dimensions of logos or particular elements of your design, we strongly recommend building your artwork outside our Design Studio in a program such as Photoshop. Be sure to build within a canvas area of 10in wide by 16in tall, which is equal to the dimensions of the design area of our design studio template. When you have completed your design, save the file as a high resolution jpeg and upload the file to the Design Studio template. Using this process ensures that your artwork is the right size. It will also help minimize artwork distortions that sometimes occur when attempting to resize your images within the Design Studio.
Remember, to achieve the proper design dimensions for your artwork, the image resolution must be 150 DPI or greater.
Supported file formats
You can upload the following raster file formats using the semi custom design studio: .JPG, .PNG, .BMP
Sharing Your Design
Sharing with Individuals
Log into your voler.com account.
Visit your account by clicking on the link in the upper right hand corner of any page on our website.
In the left hand navigation select 'Saved Designs'.
Select 'Share" from the options associated with any of your saved designs.
In the right column of the Design Preview page you should see a "Send Your Friends A Link" section.
Enter the email address of your friend in the appropriate box and click 'Send Email'
Sharing with Large Groups
Select one or both of the options below to share your design with a group of individuals.
From the share design page you can share your design via several different social media sites. Your friends can follow the shared link on these sites to gain access to your design.
You can visit your saved designs.
Click on Share from the Action menu then select the appropriate design.
Near the bottom of the page, enter your own email address to share the design with yourself.
When you receive the email, follow the link to view the design.
Copy the URL from your browser and share that with your friends by email, post it on your facebook page, or another social media site, or a team or club website.
If it is important that recipients view your design on a specific garment, be sure that you select that garment on the preview page before sharing the design. The link sent in the email contains information which informs the preview page to load the appropriate garment for the user.
Users MUST follow the link from the email they recieve to view the artwork on the appropriate garment.
Orders placed for the same design through the share process do not ship together.
Orders placed for the same design through the share process do not count toward each other's quantity discount.
Only designs shared after 3/9/2012 will have the garment preview information associated with the emails your friends recieve. If you would like to share your design on a specific garment please reshare the design with them to generate a new email!
Pricing and Billing
When will I be charged for my order?
At the time you check out and receive your order confirmation, pre-authorization to charge the full amount of your purchase to your credit card will automatically be obtained from your credit card company or issuing bank.
At the time we ship your order from our warehouse in Grover Beach, California, your pre-authorized credit card will be charged for the full amount due on your order.
If you use a debit card to pay for your purchase, please note that the automatic pre-authorization of your debit card will actually result in a debit being applied to your account. Please contact your debit card issuer with any questions or concerns you may have pertaining to the use of debit cards for online transactions.
Is it possible to pay by check?
Yes, select check from the payment method drop down and mail your check to:
390-A Manhattan Avenue
Grover Beach, CA 93433
NOTE: Your order will not be processed until the check is received.
How much will my garment cost?
Jerseys with no minimums start at $79.95, plus save more on orders over $200 based on your order total semi custom order.
Sizing / Fit
Are sizing samples available?
Yes, you can order the same cut jerseys from the Voler Store's regular stock and return them for a full refund minus shipping.
Things to remember about sizing and fit
- Sorry, no returns on Semi-Custom or Full Custom products due to the specialized nature of the product.
- Personal preference also plays a part in finding the right fit. Do you like a tailored European fit? Or a more relaxed fit? Most manufactures design for a tailored cycling fit. Voler labels all jerseys either RACE (TAILORED FIT) or CLUB (RELAXED FIT).
- Different brands may have different sizing. One company's medium may be another's large.
Order Production Process
What happens when I submit my order?
The production cycle for all semi custom orders begins once an order is submitted to us online. Upon submission, it is immediately placed in our semi custom production queue. Within a full business day, we will review your artwork to determine if there are any issues or concerns that require your attention before proceeding to production.
We have years of experience in dealing with the production of custom apparel. During our review process we take our knowledge and experience and make sure that the artwork being submitted meets our quality standards and that what will be the end result is what we think the customer is expecting based on the artwork submitted.
Our representatives will not modify the artwork that is submitted, however:
- If the artwork needs adjustment, we notify the customer by email letting them know there are some potential issues with their artwork. The customer then has the opportunity to correct those issues or if what they submitted is the best they have available they can approve the artwork as it was originally submitted.
- After artwork issues are resolved, we send out a digital proof to the customer. The digital proofs are the full-sized production print files we will use to produce the customers final garments.
- When the customer is satisfied with their artwork they are asked to digitally sign an approval form on our website. Doing so releases the order into regular order processing, and the customer is sent an approval confirmation to let them know we received their approval.
The order is then released to production. Your order is guaranteed to ship from our factory within ten business days of reciept of your signed approval and payment authorization. If we encounter any problems with processing a customer’s credit card we send an email notifying them that their card was declined and occasionally depending on circumstances may give them a phone call. Your ship date is not guaranteed until we are able to successfully authorize your credit card!
- You submit your design and order to us online.
- Artwork approval and review.
- Once we have a credit card authorization the order is released into our warehouse.
- We prepare and print your jerseys in time to meet the scheduled ship date.
- When the order ships we will bill the credit card for the authorized amount.
You may call Customer Service at 1-800-644-4002 Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Pacific time, or e-mail: Customer Service. Be sure to include your customer number and type "Tracking" as your subject. Or, if your order was shipped via UPS, you can track it with the tracking number that you received in the shipment confirmation email or under your account's order history.
What shipping options are available to me?
Free Standard Shipping, UPS Next Day Air, UPS Second Day Air, or UPS Ground.
Note: Standard and UPS Ground can take seven days or more depending where you live in relation to California.
How much will my shipping cost?
Our shipping tables for semi-custom product are based on the weight of your entire order.
Please remember that this is only an estimate and we do not guarantee this price to be accurate. Each product varies in weight by size as well as garment cut and style.
Due to a variety of issues beyond our control which negatively impact the level of service our customers experience, we are only able to ship semi custom orders to addresses within the United States or Canada.